2008 m. gegužės 15 d., ketvirtadienis

SELF-ASSESSMENT OF ESP LEARNING

Writing skills: At last term I can not manage how to write summaries but now it is not difficult to write restatement or analytical summaries. It is very good that we practice a lot. The bigger problem is with a summary – critical article review. I have never seen an example of it and the task is new for me. Also the spread of an article is so big that there is hard to process all given information in the text. Results of ESP vocabulary tests are quite good. In this term I prepare for them longer and I feel that in my head more and more information and definitions remain, it would not be difficult to recollect material from modules. I think that rehearsal is the biggest contribution to it. Self- designed tests are one of the most interesting tasks because then you are working in group, you are sharing information and questions can formulate from information, which was the most interesting for you. Also it is very good method to examine yourself because then you see if your knowledge is quite good or you should to read a module more careful. Dictations are a difficult task for me because my vocabulary is not very rich and listening is not good too. Contributions to weblogs take a lot of efforts because when you know that it could be seen for everybody you try to do your best.

Speaking skills: I have found that I am not very active participant in class discussions despite sometimes I have what to say. But it is always very interesting to listen others ideas, opinions because they give a lot of information and enrich my viewpoint. Speaking in pairs is the best way to practice speaking skills for me because then you do not have a chance to evade from a task.

I thing in this term my presentation was better than last term. The reason of it could be that the theme of it was really interesting for me and I wanted to go deep to it, find more and more information and to impart it for others. When you do something with an interest the result is always better.

Listening skills: I do not like listening skills despite knowing that it is really very important. But I make every effort to hear what is said. I have found that I pay the biggest attention to listening when I listen a person, who reads a discourse and whose mother-tongue is English.

Reading skills: Reading is one of the most interesting tasks because texts are always selected readable, sightworthy and relevant. It is the biggest motivation to read them and if the topic proves really interesting you began to seek more information about it. So, I can say, that home reading do always and sometimes it becomes as a pastime. Class reading not always is so successful because there is time limitation, you can not use dictionary, do not have the ability to see into the text. Computer tasks are not frequent but when we read something and then discuss about it I think it is very effective because it gives benefit and for reading skills, and for speaking.

Komentarų nėra: